Thursday, June 23, 2005

Desperate love letter from the creaky board on the second floor.

I am the creaky board on the second floor.
You know me.
I'm right outside the bathroom.

Listen, there has been some talk, whispers coming through the vents, that I might be replaced. But listen, I have some redeeming qualities, and I'd like the Mustard to just hear me out before tossing me out in the alley to mold.

That little dent in me, the one that nuzzles your bare toes when you walk by, you may think you hate me, but let me tell me, you don't.

You know how when you've been in a relationship for a while, and the high polish wears off to reveal some interesting quirky bits that you think are the most irritating, frustrating things? But turns out those things are really the meat of the love affair. The sweet, unexpected nectar at the center of your relationship, the kind of thing you can only reach with your tongue. An adorable elbow. A low-lashed method of drinking wine.

Well, that is ME! I am the quirky bits in the relationship with your house. I am the adorable elbow of the second floor.

You will miss my late night toe nuzzling. The cats will miss sticking their little noses in me.

So reconsider, darlings. And until you decide, I will take all your curses as the pillow talk you could only give to a dented floorboard just trying to love you back.

3 comments:

~ J ~ said...

I have NO idea how I stumbled upon this blog...I am work (shhhh) and laughing outloud in my tiny cubicle




Thanks!

Anita said...

Very nice! Welcome. Beware, the blog world is very addicting!

Anonymous said...

Search engine Optimization
very handy, thanx a lot for this artcile .....This was exactly what I was looking for.